At Frain there are 2 ways to buy a used machine:
As-Is: We cycle and video each machine so you can see it running. We believe so soundly in our equipment that if it is not everything you thought it would be, the machine may be returned in like condition within 14 days of shipment, with freight and crating prepaid, for a full refund of the equipment price.
Customized: Frain is the largest redeployment shop in North America with thousands of successful projects completed. Your machine is inspected by some of the best technicians in the industry for worn and damaged parts. The machine is then customized specifically for your project. Finally, we provide a factory acceptance test so that you can see the machine running your product. Start up and training is also available at your facility. Customized machines come with a 6 month warranty for all replaced parts.
Pre-Owned vs. Used Machinery
- Ebay - Most equipment that Frain buys from Ebay is missing components. We are able to complete the machines because of our large parts department.
- Intercompany Transfers - This rarely works because the machines are not what they thought they were, have usually been cannibalized or damaged and require a lot of internal paperwork.
- Used equipment Dealers - Sold on a "where is, as is" basis. There is no guarantee that the machine will even run. The machine may have received a fresh coat of paint for the picture but that is it.
- Used equipment Brokers - Brokers do not own any machinery. They are just trying to broker a deal between two parties. They only know what they were told about the equipment. A lot can go wrong and usually does.
- Auctions - Sold "where is, as is". No returns. If someone else wants the machine you may over pay.
- Internet Auctions - Unless you are prepared to spend a lot of time and resources reconditioning this equipment you will never get it into production.
Pre Owned Machinery:
- Complete Descriptions & Photos - Know everything about the machine. Its capabilities, condition and history.
- Through Inspections - At Frain our expert technicians spend an average of 34 hours on every machine cleaning, inspecting, and replacing missing or broken parts.
- See it running before you buy - Frain puts every machine to power and videos it cycling and if possible running product.
- Customized for your product - Frain's technicians can easily spend over 465 hours setting up a machine for a specific application and this is all they do.
- Factory Acceptance Test - See your machine running your product before you buy. Have your maintenance and operators trained on site.
- Guaranteed- Frain is the only vender that has a large shop with 36 technicians, a huge parts department and a dedicated field service group that can guarantee your satisfaction or your money back.
Did you know that 4 out of 5 people buy the wrong machine?
46% of "as is" machines require extensive work.
Don't make the same mistake! Let our experts help you.
Watch videos of our most recent Mechanical Press Projects:
Mechanical Press Machines in Stock
Kemwall Press Mechanical MARK IV 1-Color Cosmetic Powder Press
Model Number: MARK IV
Frain Number: 5C8712Quick Look
Automatic hydraulic single color powder press is capable of up to 30 compacts per min. on a single tooling set up and up to 60 compacts per min. on a double. The godet size range is from 20 mm to 89mm with a maximum depth of 8mm. Unit is equipped with 36" long infeed conveyor, powder hopper with auger stirrer (for free flowing products), cloth feed (filters out air and prevents powder from sticking to punch), and automatic discharge. Hydraulic PSI can be adjusted from 200 - 2,000 PSI. Overall dimensions: 67"H x 33"W x 75"L.
Contact a Frain Representive about this product:
Automatic, hydraulic, cosmetic powder press rated up to 35 compacts per minute - depending on materials and application. Size range: up to 76 mm. Pressure: 600 to 6,500 kg. Equipped with a 40" long x 4" wide infeed conveyor with adjustable guide rails, 8 station rotary indexing system, compression head, pneumatic loading station with jam detection, and a 36" long x 3" wide discharge conveyor. Additionally features an A/B panel view, PLC, and Lexan safety guarding. Mounted on height adjustable legs.
OAD: 78" L x 72" W x 68" H
Contact a Frain Representive about this product:
Carver Press Mechanical MCP 1-Color Cosmetic Powder Press
Model Number: MCP
Frain Number: 5E0244Quick Look
Automatic, single color powder press capable of speeds up to 50 cycles per minute (depending on dwell times, and powder formulation). 22" diameter dial plate has 8 interchangeable insert godet stations, 14" diameter x 14" deep stainless steel product hopper with Lesson 1/4 hp product stirrer. 2 ton self contained hydraulic press head and cylinder, adjustable cloth feed ribbon system, mechanical cam ejection, Currently set for a 2" x 1 1/4" rectangle godet. Last running in a cosmetic operation.
OAD: 48" L x 40" W x 67" H