Filler Can Equipment - Can fillers are designed to fill cans with a certain volume of liquid, paste, or other type of product. Can fillers can be designed with different types of mechanisms to determine the proper volume of product to be filled including, piston fillers, liquid fillers, and pocket fillers. Can fillers are similar in operation to liquid and powder filler with the largest difference being that can fillers are specifically designed to handle cans while liquid and powder fillers are designed to handle glass, plastic, and other types of containers.Piston can fillers use a piston to measure out the proper volume of product to insert into the can. As the piston is drawn up, the piston draws in product from the product holding to fill the piston. Once the piston is full, a rotary drum valve, which controls the direction of inflow and discharge of product from the piston, is rotated so that as the piston compresses it will push the product out of the piston and into a can. Once the piston has emptied, the drum valve is rotated back so that as the piston is drawn up, the piston will draw product from the product hold tank. Piston can fillers can be used for liquids and pastes.Liquid can fillers are similar to liquid gravity fillers in that gravity can fillers utilize the pressure of gravity on a liquid product to fill the product into the can. Gravity can fillers plunge a nozzle into the can that has a gasket that forms a seal with the top of the can. The nozzle on the liquid can filler then opens to allow product to flow from the product hold tank. Once the liquid reaches a level above the filling ports in the nozzle, the head pressure above the liquid in the can is equal to the pressure above the liquid in the product hold tank. Once this occurs, the liquid stops flowing into the can. As the nozzle is raised out of the can, the nozzle closes to prevent more product from entering the can.
At Frain there are 2 ways to buy a used machine:
As-Is: We cycle and video each machine so you can see it running. We believe so soundly in our equipment that if it is not everything you thought it would be, the machine may be returned in like condition within 14 days of shipment, with freight and crating prepaid, for a full refund of the equipment price.
Customized: Frain is the largest redeployment shop in North America with thousands of successful projects completed. Your machine is inspected by some of the best technicians in the industry for worn and damaged parts. The machine is then customized specifically for your project. Finally, we provide a factory acceptance test so that you can see the machine running your product. Start up and training is also available at your facility. Customized machines come with a 6 month warranty for all replaced parts.
Pre-Owned vs. Used Machinery
- Ebay - Most equipment that Frain buys from Ebay is missing components. We are able to complete the machines because of our large parts department.
- Intercompany Transfers - This rarely works because the machines are not what they thought they were, have usually been cannibalized or damaged and require a lot of internal paperwork.
- Used equipment Dealers - Sold on a "where is, as is" basis. There is no guarantee that the machine will even run. The machine may have received a fresh coat of paint for the picture but that is it.
- Used equipment Brokers - Brokers do not own any machinery. They are just trying to broker a deal between two parties. They only know what they were told about the equipment. A lot can go wrong and usually does.
- Auctions - Sold "where is, as is". No returns. If someone else wants the machine you may over pay.
- Internet Auctions - Unless you are prepared to spend a lot of time and resources reconditioning this equipment you will never get it into production.
Pre Owned Machinery:
- Complete Descriptions & Photos - Know everything about the machine. Its capabilities, condition and history.
- Through Inspections - At Frain our expert technicians spend an average of 34 hours on every machine cleaning, inspecting, and replacing missing or broken parts.
- See it running before you buy - Frain puts every machine to power and videos it cycling and if possible running product.
- Customized for your product - Frain's technicians can easily spend over 465 hours setting up a machine for a specific application and this is all they do.
- Factory Acceptance Test - See your machine running your product before you buy. Have your maintenance and operators trained on site.
- Guaranteed- Frain is the only vender that has a large shop with 36 technicians, a huge parts department and a dedicated field service group that can guarantee your satisfaction or your money back.
Did you know that 4 out of 5 people buy the wrong machine?
46% of "as is" machines require extensive work.
Don't make the same mistake! Let our experts help you.
Contact Frain's solution experts to get started:
Over 5,000 consumer product companies have trusted Frain with their packaging projects.
Some testimonials from our customers:
“Great job! We will be back.”
“Frain was able to get us into production in time to meet a very important deadline. I don’t know of any other company that could have pulled this off.”
“We started out with one package and it changed, but because of the depth of Frain’s inventory, they were able to move me into the right machine.”
Frain takes the risk out of buying used equipment!
Peace of Mind:
- Satisfaction Guarantee or your money back!
- 6 month Warranty with Machine Set-Up
- Performance Guarantee with Shop Acceptance Testing
- In-House Testing, R&D Capability, Trial Runs
Best-in-Industry Machinery & Support
- Complete & Ready-To-Ship Late Model Machines
- Operating manuals for every packaging/processing machine
- Line Integration; Machine Set-Up; Training
- Professional Project Mangement
- Onsite Installation & Training
FREE! Download the "Secrets of buying used packaging and processing machinery"
Based on over 10,000 successful and NOT so successful projects.
Contact Frain's solution experts to get started:
Filler Can Equipment in Stock
Liquid filling line. Equipped with a 4 1/2" wide by 20' long stainless steel variable speed conveyor, container indexing system, 4 head inline positive displacement gear pump filler with 30 product memory, 316 S/S nozzles, a 6 spindle semi-automatic quill capper and a 42" diameter S/S accumulation pack off table. All stainless steel contact parts.
OAD: 242" (L) x 60" (W) x 72" (H)
Contact a Frain Representive about this product:
MRM Elgin, Model RPF-8, automatic, left to right, 8-head rotary piston filler rated from 32 to 150 containers per minute - depending on materials and application. Fill range: up to 35oz with accuracies +- / - 1/4 of 1% depending on product. Maximum container size: up to 5" in Diameter; up to 12" in Height. Equipped with 108" long x 3-1/4" wide conveyor, worm screw to star wheel in feed, 14 gallon stainless steel reservoir with level detector, 30" diameter turret, 7" x 6" container pedestals, eight (4" ID x 7-1/2") pistons, 1/2" OD nozzles set on 8" centers, drip trough, bottom up fill, no container / no fill, E-stop and safety guarding. Mounted on stainless steel base frame.
OAD: 120" L x 50" W x 80" H