The General Manager of Technical Services will be responsible for Project and Process Management, Customer Service, Continuous Improvement and across shop operations. This leader drives sustainable improvements, working closely with other area mangers/ employees to achieve results by providing operations leadership across Production, Warehouse and Field Service functions.
- Direct and coordinate activities of the shop in all aspects of production, project management, resource allocation and cost control.
- Review shop and project activity reports, performance data & measure productivity,
- Determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
- Participates in weekly staff meetings and builds an environment in which direct reports and employees willingly produce maximum work output.
- Perform assigned duties and responsibilities per direction of the Vice President.
- Ensure that projects completed on time and meet the scope of work.
- Estimate labor, parts and materials costs for new projects.
- Monitor the production processes; adjust scheduled commitments as needed
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four year college or university in Business, Engineering, Manufacturing or technical field required.
- 5 years to ten years of experience in manufacturing operations, with at least 3 years in an upper management capacity.
- Experience in food packaging and processing equipment or products highly preferred.
- Able to travel 10% of the time to visit key accounts with active projects.
- Strong management and communication skills.
- Ability to manage, lead and develop people.
- Strong Decision Maker
The Ideal Candidate:
Energetic, responsible, takes ownership, task/results focused, best in class work ethic, consumer goods production environment and process management experience, polished interface with customers, can manage and motivate people properly, functional in M/S Office tools.
- Highly competitive salary plus incentives
- Comprehensive benefit package, including Medical, Dental, LTD, Life, and A.D.D. Insurance
- Company matching 401(k) plan
- Fitness Center