Frain Industries, Inc.: The Leader in Integrated Packaging and Processing Solutions
Conducts, maintains, tests and repairs electrical/electronic, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems and components. Applies knowledge of electrical, electronic and mechanical principles in determining equipment malfunctions and applies skills in restoring equipment to operation. Provides skilled mechanical and electrical/electronic support to all areas of Manufacturing.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Manage projects from inception to completion and take ownership of project management to complete on time and on budget.
- PLC programming knowledge and the ability to travel as needed.
- Diagnosis rebuilds and repairs packaging and processing equipment.
- Prepares and maintains ongoing project records and reports.
- Design, Wire, Electrical/ Program troubleshooting capability in both aspects.
- Knowledge of mechanical design and electrical systems.
- Troubleshoots and repairs mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical/electronic equipment including but not limited to programmable controls, numeral controls, power supplies, drives, gages and test equipment.
- Plans and performs work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical theories and principles, writing specifications, local and national electrical codes, properties of various materials, and principles of operation and application of electronic equipment.
- Installs, starts up and shuts down equipment in accordance with company safety procedures for machine activation and shutdown and in line with OSHA requirements.
- Advises operators and line mechanics of operation procedures and requirements for working safely with electrical/electronic and mechanical equipment and components.
- Informs appropriate management and line mechanics of potential electrical/mechanical problems and inherent dangers involved.
- Maintains company-required performance and maintenance records for identified equipment
- Performs preventive maintenance functions as directed.
- Willing to work overtime and weekends
- Performs other duties as required.
- Strong background in industrial electricity and knowledge of schematics, AC/DC systems & PLCs.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or its equivalent required. Two-year technical degree or accredited apprenticeship program or the equivalent in a technical field is required. 3-5 years of proven experience in the electrical/electronics, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic fields are required and the ability to demonstrate high proficiency in these areas. A thorough knowledge of electrical/ electronic components and equipment including the use of special instruments for diagnostic purposes is required.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary $75,000 – $100,000